Helping New Mexico Homeowners & Consumers
85% of New Mexico homeowners facing foreclosure never even fight back. And too few consumers know what their rights are and how to exercise them. That’s why the banks get away with so much.
It’s not that there aren’t laws to protect homeowners and consumers in New Mexico: there are. But if you don’t know your rights, it’s all too easy for your creditors to make it seem impossible to fight back. Hiring an attorney means you’ve got an advocate that will help you protect your rights, understand the process, and ensure that the bank lives up to its promises and obligations.
If you’re worried about foreclosure, losing your home isn’t the only risk you face: Foreclosure is often followed by a deficiency judgment and collection activities, which means that you could be dealing with the financial fallout long after you lose your home.
We work with you to create a cost-effective plan that fits your personal goals:
- Do you want to try to stay in your home even though you’ve fallen behind in your payments?
- Has the bank made a mistake on your account that’s hurting your credit or could cause you to lose your home?
- Are you ready to move out and move on, or do you need more time?
- Do you need help creating a more effective dialogue with your bank in order to secure a loan modification or repayment plan?
Our attorneys have worked with homeowners from across the state and in collaboration with the nonprofit community, state government, and community leaders, to help make positive changes in the way lenders are held to account for their business practices. If you’re facing the possibility of foreclosure, please don’t wait: contact us today for a free conversation about your options.
In the news
- NM Homeowners Receive Help on Mortgage Debt [link]
- Foreclosure Settlement Brings Some Aid to N.M. [link]